Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Number 47, and a letter from the artist.


It's occurred to me that I haven't written much other than "here's today's comic" in a while. I'd just like to take a minute to talk about what this daily exercise has become and to say thanks to everyone who's commented and complimented on it. 

So I started "Our Ever Improving Living Room" as a blog to post about current projects, most of which were school related. However, thanks in part to those projects, it has evolved into this daily diary strip where I can experiment with story telling and comics, and at the same time catalogue the wonderfully mundane elements of life. 

I like to think of it as sort of a filter for my memory. I get to pick and choose what's interesting or funny or sad, and share those. It forces me to pay closer attention to the world around me, with the hopes that I can squeeze a comic out of it. Some days are more eventful than others, and take a bit of boiling down. 

I hope you're enjoying reading these. I do complain a lot about the ditch I've dug myself into by starting this process, but when I'm able to stack up all the pages of work I've gotten out of this, it's worth it. I'm resisting putting a numerical goal to how many I'm going to do, because once I say it it's set in stone. I would like to try and do one a day for a year, then see where I'm at.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment