Monday, November 15, 2010

PROCESS!




I thought it would be cool to show you guys how I work (sort of)
A lot of the strips have ben done here at my desk, and as you can see it's pretty cramped.
It suits me though.



I've kept most of the ideas and rough sketches in this little flip notebook.
The ruler next to it is the one i use for laying out the strip every day. I draw on a 5X5 grid, so I don't need a full sized ruler. What's nice about that is I can sort of pack up my tools and bring them anywhere. Sometimes I do the comic on location.



this is the strip after it's inked. I use a #107 nib and Bombay black ink, of which I am almost out.


Finished originals, these are from the first week. I do two days to a page. I should have included a picture of how thick the stack is now.


I hope you guys enjoy the glimpse into my process, I'll try to include more stuff like this in the future.





3 comments:

  1. I love seeing the process!

    I recently got a copy of "Process How I make my comics" by Jeffrey Brown and it was an instant favorite. It helps that he includes script excerpts, sketches and other miscellany in the envelope it comes in. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these posts.

    Fan Questions:
    What kind of paper are your finished strips on? I'm curious, why a nib as opposed to a micron or a regular ball point?

    Keep them coming,
    Zoraida

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Laura, it's new, to replace my old one which recently broke and caused me much frustration.

    ReplyDelete