Tuesday, March 8, 2011


Today I got this awesome Zine from my friend David Alvarado (I think I mentioned him before, and he's appeared in several past strips). It's a simple collection of various sketchbook doodles, and it's really awesome. The drawings weren't conceived in relation to each other, but David obviously put some thought into how they would inform each other within the book. I dig it a lot. He's going to be exhibiting at the upcoming Chicago Zine Fest, which I'm really excited to check out.





I really need to step up my output of printed work. Volume 2 and 3 are on their way, and hopefully it won't be long before I get 4 and 5 together. On top of that I really want to start putting out some more high quality zines. There are a number of different collections of doodles and drawings that I have been looking for an outlet for, and rather than leaving them to collect dust I don't see why I shouldn't just start making some limited run booklets, something a bit more "special" than what I've done in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment