Saturday, June 4, 2011

Updates Ahoy!

I've got a few cool things going on in the next few weeks that I thought I should share with you.
On Monday, June 6th, I'm going to have a piece featured on Covered, a blog where artists re-imagine comic book covers. I chose Bullwinkle and Rocky. This is my second time doing an illustration for Covered. My first one was Justice League #1 and you can find it on my Flickr if you'd like to see it.

I think the idea behind Covered is really great. Any artist can submit, and it updates daily, so there's always new and awesome work to check out. I've used it sort of like a drawing exercise when I felt like I didn't have a lot of other work going on.

Secondly, I'm working on a little 5 page comic for a couple of cartoonists  I've mentioned before: Aaron Whitaker and Melinda Boyce. Together, they started Gingham Ghost, a blog and monthly E-Zine that features their own original comics, illustrations, songs, and ephemera; as well as the work of a guest cartoonist each month. The June issue features myself, and you can get it by going to their blog and subscribing. I'll also see about posting the comic here or on Flickr later this summer after the June issue is released.

Here's a preview of the first page, half inked:

No comments:

Post a Comment