Saturday, August 27, 2011

27 days left... tell me your favorite strip!


I started my daily comic on September 24th, 2010, that means it's been almost a whole year! I'd like to offer everyone my continuous thanks for keeping up with it. Hearing how much you enjoy the strip keeps me motivated. You guys are awesome.

After September 24th, 2011 I'm going to be taking a break. Don't worry though, I'll still be posting comics, though they'll be longer, and some may even be in color so they won't be daily. You'll just have to check back weekly or monthly to see what's new. I'll also be sure to update on Facebook and Twitter (ugh) whenever I post a new strip. I'm really excited about working in a new format and giving myself more time to plan things out.

So sit back and enjoy the last 27 days of my year of comics!

While you're waiting I thought it might be fun if I asked everyone what their favorite strip has been.
If you've got some time, go back through the blog and see if you can pick out the one that has the most meaning to you, for whatever reason. Maybe it brings up a memory, maybe it's simply a brilliant and astute insight into the universal human condition... or maybe you just like it cause you're in it. whatever.

Post your choices in comments on this entry, or on the related Facebook (ugh again) thread. 
At the end of September I'll post a "greatest hits" list of my top 5 favorites.

Thanks for reading!




5 comments:

  1. Haven't been following for too long but I love the recent "Why I don't tell anyone else's stories."

    Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, I guess my post failed, but here it is. I really always like the seasonal/weather related minimal type strips. Here is a shortlist of my favorites:

    10-12-2010 : Poetic and beautiful!
    10-17-2010 : Pumpkins!
    12-25-2010 : Christmas day!
    5-29-2011 : Rain
    6-13-2011 : Changing seasons
    7-21-2011 : Summer s'more
    8-14-2011 : Also poetic and beautiful, and also a feeling that is very close to me.

    I'm really excited to see out your year of posts man! And I'm pumped to see what you put out with your new format (or un-format?).

    Keep it up man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, lets be honest, I've enjoyed them all. But off the top of my head I would say 10/24/10: Now I know how Kanye West feels. Also that one about Jimmy Johns (do you know the one I'm talking about?) I still remember bursting out laughing reading it for the first time.
    Ima miss OEILR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah! a year... my oh my.
    I was unexpectedly in chicago for about 30 hours last week. i wanted to call you guys but there just wasn't time. i'm in D.C. now after spending the month of august with the beautiful red rocks of utah :o)
    anyways, the point is, my computer was stuck in boston along with all my other worldly possessions (hurricane irene screwed up my travel plans) and i just got it back today. first website i went to? your comics of course! i hope you don't have any plans to quit once you've made it to your one year anniversary!
    i miss you all! give everyone a big hug for me!

    p.s. DC IS FULL OF POTBELLYS!!! (this is huge news considering the fact that there are absolutely NO potbellys in Boston) everything's comin' up milhouse :o)

    ReplyDelete