Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy One Year-versary!

It's been a whole 365 days since I began this comic. I feel like I should say something important to make this historic occasion, but I can't muster anything up. Honestly I started this on a whim as a challenge to myself, and out of it came a project that was at times frustrating and rewarding. I feel like I've grown a lot in terms of the amount of work I can create in a given amount of time (the argument of quality v. quantity aside.) I've also grown a lot in terms of training myself to see the world through comics. Anyway, before this sentiment I'm feeling turns into some dumb artists' statement, I'm going to digress, and say "Thanks."

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me by reading my strip and telling me they enjoyed it, or merely didn't tell me anything because they were indifferent. Basically just "Thanks."

Stay tuned for the final four-panel strip tomorrow, and I'll be clarifying what I'm going to be doing with the strip from here on.

Oh, and here are the strips from yesterday and today, as well as day 22 and 23 of the 30 day drawing challenge. Does anyone else think the themes of the day are getting a bit too obtuse?







And I almost forgot to mention, I was published in the Fall 2011 issue of the South Loop Review, a creative nonfiction and art magazine published by Columbia College Chicago. One of my dailies from last October (actually the one I chose as my favorite) is in there, blown up to almost 2x the size it was drawn at (yikes.)

Here are some photos of myself and Matt who just happened to be visiting my apartment posing with the issue:





1 comment: