Monday, December 19, 2011

goin' on a holiday (& Vacuum Horror).

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Are you getting into the Christmas spirit yet? Me neither; But I'm trying.

I've been doing my best to post as frequently as possible to keep everyone interested. I realized that doing only one comic a week is much less exciting for those of you who enjoyed checking back for a  daily strip.
Now that I'm done with school I'm going to try to post interesting stuff and drawings as often as possible. 
Also, I'll be starting a new daily project after the new year to keep myself drawing. It's not going to be a daily comic, but a drawing. I'll tell you more about it when I get closer to starting it, but I hope it will keep everyone entertained and interested in what I'm up to.

I probably won't be posting new strips or anything until after Christmas, possibly New Years. I want to take some time away from the computer to decompress. I'll still be drawing though, so keep an eye open for a new update, as well as that daily drawing project I mentioned.

In the meantime I got my hands on a copy of Vacuum Horror #1, a debut comic anthology published and edited by Max Morris. Max is a friend, a great cartoonist, and a maniacal "Shakespeare," of sorts. He was also one of the editors of the second issue of Linework, which would not have been as great without his curatorial eye.

I just sat down and read Vacuum Horror, which features an all-star line-up of contributors (I posted a full list after the photos,) and I have to say it's excellent. It's a who's who of young cartoonists, some of whom this may be your first time seeing their work, who you'll surely be seeing more from. From a visual standpoint it flows fantastically - oozing with a frantic energy.

You can pick up a copy at Qumby's Bookstore (1854 West North Avenue) in Chicago for a reasonably priced eight dollars (which will hopefully fund a second issue, or a wider printing of the first).





Vacuum Horror #1 contains work by
Leslie Weibeler
Dane Martin
Edie Fake
Max Morris
"Brett Koontz"
Onsmith
Andy Burkholder
April Camlin
Anya Davidson
David Alvarado
Paul Nudd
and
Nick Drnaso

No comments:

Post a Comment