Tuesday, January 1, 2013


Hello friends,

Thanks for following my work for the past year. I've had an interesting time trying to draw as many different things in my apartment as possible. Originally, I started with the idea that a person can be defined by the possessions they surround themselves with. Not necessarily the physical items, but the memories they carry. Its been an interesting exercise, and it kept me fascinated with objects, though I'm not sure how successful it was as a complete story. 
I didn't learn much about the objects I keep in my home, but I did gain some insight as to how I curated which ones I would draw each day. In a year where I cut myself off from a lot of the things I used to enjoy in life, I began to realize how people can replace human interaction with the high you get from collecting things. It's made me more aware of how important relationships with people are, as opposed to inanimate objects.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to be working on some strips I've been putting off for a while. However, by the end of the month I hope to have come up with a new solution to keep my drawing every day. I'd like to do more comics, though I need to find a way to give myself the time to do them. The ideas are coming back, so that's good.

In the meantime I'll be keeping up with my weekly strip, so keep checking back.

Happy new year, thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment