Sunday, January 13, 2013

Playing "sketch-up." The Big Lebowski vs. High Fidelity - January 9th, Lincoln Hall




I've been updating lately with the game show host trading card series, but I haven't had much time to post anything else, so here are some catch-up sketches from this week. Wednesday night I went to see The Big Lebwoski and High Fidelity at Lincoln Hall, a great new venue in Lincoln Park. 
Every few weeks they play a totally free double feature movie. This weeks' selection was a serious treat. I love High Fidelity. In the past I've seen Wayne's World vs. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and before that Evil Dead II vs. Dead Alive. I seriously suggest checking out the next showing on January 23rd: Robocop vs. Beverly Hills Cop.

In other news, I'm just about finished with my pages for the newest LINEWORK anthology, which should be coming out in the spring. It's been a battle again my own newfound methods of procrastination to get it done, but I'm forcing myself to break out of those habits.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has complimented the Game Show Host Trading Cards. Those were a fun idea, and I'm enjoying drawing them. If you really love them, you can have the chance to own one of the originals - they will be spread among the 30 special edition copies of the new Linework, which will each contain other original drawings and goodies from some of the anthology's most talented and stalwart contributors.


No comments:

Post a Comment