Sunday, March 10, 2013

 

I recently finished this painting based on this Gold Key "Rocky and His Fiendish Friends" cover. It was inspired by the Covered Blog project, which doesn't update anymore, but you can still see all of the work on the blog itself, which still exists.
I really enjoy painting as a creative break from comics. It's a little more interpretive, and I don't usually work with color. I think I let myself be sloppier, which is a nice vacation.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, I'd like to get a better quality picture eventually.

2 comments:

  1. So impressed, that turned out great! Keep painting man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt. I'm working on an idea for another really large scale painting that will feature other cartoon characters, in a corrupted sort of way I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete